About the enhanced financial sanctions check
In addition to our free financial sanctions check offered within ML Verify, we also offer an enhanced search. This works in a similar way but uses additional data sources from more countries.
Running an Enhanced Sanctions Check
If the client is not an individual or sole trader, you will first need to add an associated person to a client record. The option to run the check will then appear under the Additional Checks button.
If the client is an individual or sole trader, the option for an enhanced financial sanctions check will be available in the KYC options box:
The enhanced sanctions checks will use data from the following sources:
- United Nations Security Council Consolidated Sanctions List (UNSC)
- US Office of Foreign Assets Control - Treasury Department
- Canadian Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Individual List
- Canadian Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Entities List
- European Union Commission Consolidated List (EU)
- HM United Kingdom Treasury Consolidated List (UKT)